The chapter of March in The Happiness Project focuses on work and how to bring some creativity, energy, and efficiency back into this area of your life. Individuals who are happier tend to work more hours each week, are more cooperative, less self-centered, and more willing to help others. Gretchen Rubin’s 5 tasks this month to aim higher include:
- Launch a blog (like we did!) – It is a way to challenge yourself based on your interests and what you love. Plus its gives you the opportunity to connect with others who share your interests and passions. For some it can become a way to gain new skills and a new identity.
- Enjoy the fun of failure – Push yourself and find ways to put yourself out of your comfort zone. Risking failure can provide you with the opportunity to succeed. In order to succeed you must be willing to accept failure.
- Ask for help – Constantly remind yourself to ask for help – it will allow you to be successful in where you are
- Work smart – Make your time productive. One small way can be to rearrange your office space. Also give yourself small breaks throughout the day to give you the opportunity to clear your mind.
- Enjoy now – Don’t focus on the anticipated future happiness of arriving at a certain goal. Remind yourself to enjoy now, enjoy the present
“Happiness comes when you believe in what you are doing, know what you are doing, and love what you are doing”