I am a newbie to running and all thanks can be given to my partner in crime, Katie, who put a little fire under my butt to start. I can say with a bit of pride I am making some good progress in this fitness journey! And it feels good! My goal of running a 5k race may just happen in the near future.
I came across some great beginner running tips that I would love to share (source: Women’s Health)
- Accept the challenge
- Wear good running shoes
- Warm up, then stretch
- Stay hydrated
- Create running goals to keep you motivated
- Listen to your body
- Go steady, stay with consistency
- Find a cheerleader to keep you motivated
- Taking baby steps will allow you to reach your goals faster
- Keep working on your mental attitude
- Train with someone
- Find a reason why you want to start running
- Sometimes its better to not time how fast you run
What are some of your running tips?